Monday 17 February 2014

Hair Care Routine - February

Every month, I go through bottles of hair care and styling products. I thought it would be a good idea to share what I have been using each month and how well it worked.
I love to try a new shampoo and conditioner each month, I always look forward to trying something different, I have found some great products by doing this; also having a change in scent also appeals to me personally as I tend to get used to the smell of the products after a while. This month I went back to one of my old favourites that I haven't used for a couple of year's.
The Body Shop - Banana Shampoo & Conditioner. (£4.50 each)
These smell delicious, they leave your hair smelling great all day long and a little into the next day. They contain real banana puree, so it's a lovely true, fresh banana smell and not an artificial overly sweet scent.
The banana puree goes to work on your hair making it soft, nourished and best of all glossy. It gently cleanses so it doesn't strip necessary oils out of the scalp, meaning no  dandruff.
It has a lovely thick creamy consistency, that is easy to work through the hair.
It's great for tangles; if like me, as soon as your hair sees water it becomes a tangled birds nest, this is a dream. Combs glide through hair, no snags! Meaning less damage to your hair.

Organix - Brazilian Keratin Therapy, Anti-Breakage Serum (£6.99)
Schwarzkopf, Got2b - Guardian Angel, Heat Protector (£3.99)
The wind had been whipping my poor hair in every direction this winter; combing out the knots it created had been damaging my hair, combined with central heating and over using heated appliances, my hair was brittle, weak, frazzled and lacking in the lustre department. Then I met Organix! I towel dry my hair and pop a little of this through; the results - brilliant!
The keratin strengthens the hair, coconut oil softens and de- frizzes, avocado oil and cocoa butter smooth and add shine. All in one little bottle, at a very fair price.
A hero product that I wish I had found much sooner.
After I run this through I mist over my hair with Guardian Angel for heat protection and comb it all through, before blow drying or styling. I like this heat protection spray, it's lasting so long; it's also not sticky, I find too many leave my fingers tacky, this can't be good for the hair. It also smells amazing!

Schwarzkopf, Got2b - Sexy Collagen Lift Effect Hairspray (£3.99)
After I have finished styling; straightened, curled or as I like to call it 'created hair art', I give it some added volume as well as hold.
This hairspray smells delicious, it fruity and fresh; it's holding power is very impressive - curls hold up all day long, straight styles don't go frizzy when there is moisture in the air and best of all it gives you big, sexy hair to flaunt.
I do have to use a good cleansing shampoo by the end of the week. Like all volumizising products it leaves tiny fibre like flakes on the hair which feel quite odd. So to prevent build-up (like any hairspray) a good clarifying cleanser used at the end of each week is great to get back to Au natural hair and get rid of all product build up.
I go through quite a few cans, I would say one a month. Being fairly priced I tend not to over worry about the cost, my purse never feels much lighter.
I love the design of the packaging, it's what grabbed my attention towards it - although it does remind me of a certain salon brands packaging. (Can you guess which one I'm thinking of?)
Lush - No Drought, Dry Shampoo (£6.75)
Percy & Reed - Dry Conditioner (£12.00)
Finally, for those days in between washes, I grab 'No Drought' dry shampoo, give it a sprinkle in, rub and comb it through. Easy peasy!
I've tried most dry shampoos excluded three brands (far too expensive). I can't say I'm a huge fan of any; the only one that I liked in spray form was the 'Philip Kingsley - One More Day Dry Shampoo' but still I found white residue - even after vigorous combing and rubbing.
I dislike them because they run out far too quickly, they leave white powder residue on the hair and they smell awful to me personally.
No Drought, smells like limes and grapefruit, really fresh and zingy. The powder disappears almost instantly with no residue, it absorbs oil with its clever oil-absorbing micropowders, leaving hair matte, clean looking and fabulously coiffed without any dustiness.
The bottle you see in the picture I have been using for 4 months and not lightly, as you can see it lasts a long time. I would happily say I have a year's supply of dry shampoo still left in it.
Before I discovered this, I was buying cans of dry shampoo every 2-3 weeks, you can see how costs can mount up. I have no worries about these costs any longer thanks to this little wonder. I cannot express how much I love this product.

For day's when my hair is feeling dry, coarse and a little dull. I spray in a little of Percy & Reed dry conditioner. It's conditioning formula reduces the damage caused when brushing; as well as adding gorgeous, glossy shine. My hair feels super soft after spraying this in and giving it a brush through. It helps to moisturise and detangle hair, which makes it easier to comb when I've come in from being wind swept, as mentioned above my hair easily knots up (as it's super fine).  This leaves it looking healthy, smooth and shiny. Brilliant product and a definite must have for my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment